Electro-Mechanical Technician - $3000 Sign On Bonus!
Norwood, MA 02090 US
$28 to $42 per hour
$3000 Sign On Bonus!
- 2nd Shift: Sunday to Thursday 2pm-10: 30pm (40 hour workweek) any time over this will be at OT
- 3rd Shift: Sunday to Thursday 10pm-6: 30am (40 hour workweek) any time over this will be at OT
The Maintenance Mechanic will perform equipment PMs, troubleshoot broken electro-mechanical equipment such as electronic controls, conveyor systems, production machines and other supporting equipment. In addition, the mechanic will teach apprentice level mechanics how to troubleshoot equipment and read schematics. As a key member of the Maintenance Department, the candidate will have the opportunity to take on the roles and responsibilities of an industrial mechanic while contributing to a dynamic and growing organization. The Maintenance Mechanic will primarily be responsible to perform equipment PMs, troubleshoot and make repairs to production equipment in a food service industry, learn from other mechanics while teaching apprentice level mechanics the trade.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the *Electro-Mechanical Technician*
- Trouble-shoot and diagnose mechanical or electrical issues using manuals, drawings, and schematics.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Independently able to identify broken or worn components in machines.
- Perform stick, MIG and TIG welding.
- Use a lathe, Bridgeport, or drill press.
- Follows all established safety rules and regulations and utilize required safety equipment.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work area.
- Works with other mechanics to accomplish shift objectives and projects as directed.
- Take direction from the Maintenance Shift Supervisor and Maintenance Manager.
Education and/or Experience:
- Familiarity with cGMP/GMP.
- Must possess good time management and organizational skills including the ability to multi-task, work well in a team setting with other technicians and trades professionals.
- Valid Massachusetts Driver's License required.
- Know the proper use of hand and power tools.
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish or Portuguese a plus.
Physical Demands of the *Electro-Mechanical Technician*
- The below physical demands are representative of those that must be met by the team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment and in tight areas.
- Must have good vision.
- Able to bend, push, carry, twist, and lift up to 75lbs without difficulty on a continuous basis.
- Possess manual dexterity.
- This position requires participation in our mandatory respiratory protection program with respect to some essential tasks.
- Performance of confined space entry is also required with respect to some tasks which are essential to this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Loud Noise
- Perform tasks in both cold and hot work environments.
- Working overtime.
- Working Saturdays and Sundays.
- Company provided Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) must be worn while on the production floor.